US Post Office Murals
Early Days & First Post Office In Pocahontas by H. Louis Freund
Arkansas State University
Address: 320 University Loop, Jonesboro, AR
Hours: Mon & Wed – Fri 9:00am – 5:00pm, Tues 9:00am – 7:00pm, Sat – 10:00am – 5:00pm
- Oil on Canvas Mural, 13′ x 4′ 8″ (to be verified)
- Commissioned by the U.S. Treasury Department’s Section of Painting and Sculpture.
- Painted by H. Louis Freund (1905 – 1999).
- Originally installed in the Pocahontas, AR post office, the mural was removed in 2002 or earlier and installed at Arkansas State University Museum in October 2003.
- The mural is one of 21 post office murals commissioned for the State of Arkansas.